About How's Work
It is the mission of How’s Work to assist elders with Activities of Daily Living to prolong independence in their own homes. Additionally it is our goal to offer meaningful employment opportunities helping elders in the community.
Arranging Home Care Services:
Our Home Care services can be arranged and paid for in several ways. They can be set up privately by family members or individuals, through Long Term Care Insurance companies, or other relief agencies like the Veteran’s Administration, or the Ellie Fund. Many of How’s Work clients receive assistance with the costs of Home Care through the Massachusetts State Home Care program, see our Resources page for more information on State Home Care. Feel free to contact us with questions you may have about our Home Care services.
What we aren’t:
There is a saying in business “Do more of what you’re good at”. That said we believe it’s important to make clear which Home Care Services we can provide. How’s Work is a non-medical Home Care Agency, which means while we offer variety of Homemaker, Personal Care or Companion services, there are some things that fall beyond the scope of our services.
- We do not provide overnight or 24 hour care.
- We are a non-medical Home Acre agency – all Personal Care services are supervised by RNs but we do not provide any nursing care.
- We provide regular, ongoing services; we are not an emergency or on-call agency.
- We provide Transportation service accompanied by a Companion; we are not a taxi service.
- We are not a home improvement or yard care agency.
Our Home Care Aides:
All Home Care Aides employed by How’s Work have had criminal background checks (CORI). Additionally references are checked and driving records are obtained from the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
How’s Work Home Care Aides are trained to the standards set by the Massachusetts Council for Home Care Aides.