Personal Care Services
Personal Care aides provide assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, eating, mobility, and personal hygiene, as well as homemaker services, such as light house cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, and shopping for essentials. Transportation to medical appointments or errands can also be arranged under Personal Care service.
Personal care standards are established by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder affairs. How’s Work nursing staff trains and supervises our Personal care aides to these standards to provide.
Personal care aides can assist with the following ADL’s.
- Sponge baths
- Application of over the counter lotions and creams
- Foot soaks
- Toenail/fingernail filing
- Shampoo, combing, and blow-drying hair
- Personal appliances assistance, dentures, hearing aids, eyeglasses, prosthesis
- Shaving facial hair with electric razor
- Continence management, commodes, urinals, bedpans
- Transfers and ambulation, must be over 50% weight bearing
- Meal prep
- Med reminders
See our other services.